Tuesday, April 13, 2010

He Didn't Have To

In my world, spring lends itself to excited and joyful admiration of God's creation. Because I.love.spring.

And as I watch the dogwoods and magnolias flower and turn to green in anticipation of the sunshine that summer will bring, I can not help myself. I can not quiet my adoring heart in pure and simple praise of the God Who thought this all up.  I can not get over the fact of all that He did not have to do. But He did.

He didn't have to make hyacinths smell so good.  But He did.

He didn't have to make more than one kind of flower. He didn't even have to make flowers at all.  But He did.

He didn't have to make fields so fun to run in.  But He did.


Or put flowers at the top of weeds.  But He did.


He didn't have to make strawberries so juicy. And brussels sprouts so...ummm...different tasting (yucky).  He didn't even have to give us taste buds.  But He did.

He didn't have to make kisses so nice.  And hugs so comforting.  But He did.


Just like the addition of a bow on a pretty package. The gift itself is enough. But the bow makes it even better.

He didn't have to make anything even better.  But He did.  Because that's Who God is. The God of Abundance.

He didn't have to choose me. Or even love me. But He couldn't help it. Because that's Who God is. The God of Extravagant Love that I will never understand but always enjoy.

As we unwrap the gift that is today with Emily over at Tuesdays Unwrapped, let's play a game of extravagance.

Fill in the blank: He didn't have to ...

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Isn't He so thoughtful of us? Thanks for sharing and making me think. Have a wonderful day.

Beth Zimmerman said...

What a wonderful meme! And such a beautiful post!

Dale said...

This is such a lovely post! He IS a God of abundance...and I just adore that about Him.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

homebody0404 said...

....pull me out of the miry clay, but He did.

Related Posts with Thumbnails