Saturday, April 10, 2010

Abundant Spring

 I am forever in awe of how God chooses to show His love and care through so many of the details of Creation.

Like, the fact that He made flowers not only pretty to look at but also lovely to smell.


And He knows the perfect time to make them bloom.  Just when I'm at my end with the seemingly endless gloom of dirty snow and dead grass, a budding crocus pokes through and reminds me that He always keeps His promise.  And life prevails.  Always. 
The trees and dead foliage will give way to fresh life and bright color yet again.
And I breathe it in.  Relieved.

I wonder why He made trees that flower.


He didn't have to do that.  But He did.  And with such precision.  Such perfectly awe-inspiring beauty.
And I am reminded that He is a God of abundance.

That's how He fed more than 5,000 people with two fish and fives loaves of bread and then had 12 baskets full of leftovers (Mark 6).  It's why in Mark chapter 2 He didn't just heal the paralyzed man's legs, but He healed his heart as well, forgiving his sins.  It's why in Ephesians 1 Paul writes about "...the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us..."(vv.7-8,NIV)

Because He is a God of abundance.  He is The God of Abundance.
It's Who He is.  It's how He rolls.
He didn't spray His grace on us.  No.  He lavished it!
Because He is awesome beyond understanding.


So when I see the rich colors of spring as they make way before my very eyes, I can't help but wonder... What might heaven look like?  What colors might there be that my eyes have never taken in, or maybe never could in this temporary structure that holds my soul for now?
If His creation is this amazing, what must He Himself look like?
I can't know until I reach my Forever Home.
So until then I'll just settle for spring.


"To him be the glory forever! Amen."
Romans 11:36 NIV

1 comment:

cooperkelly4 said...

Hi Bri! What beautiful pictures. I love spring time and all its newness. It is refreshing and such a sweet reminder of how God's love is for us and His plan of redemption in our lives....every area renewed. Thanks for the reminder. =0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails