Friday, June 4, 2010

What He Loves Me About Me

He whispers I love you in the dark before we drift off to sleep.  I soak it in.  Why? I ask.  What do you love about me? I summon.  A familiar occurrence since the day we were married.  Because I don't want either one of us to forget what it was that made us fall in love.  Sometimes he answers with a catalog account of trait after memory of the things he loves about me.  And sometimes it's short.  But, always, he speaks from his heart.  Always.  And I am reminded that he loves me for who I am.

I wish I could have that conversation with God.  What is it that You love about little old me?  I would request.  And He would answer with a liturgy of things unique to me.  Things that He put in me at the beginning of time.  Things He planned for me before even one of them came to be

It's difficult to imagine what God might say in this celebration of the gifts He gave to me for His very specific purpose.  But, today, my friend Lisa-Jo at http://www.thegypsymama.com/ is asking that very question.  What is it that God loves specifically about you?  And, well, I like the question, so I'm playing along...


"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17 
What it is about you that makes the Lord my God "take great delight in (you)"?

Come play with me...


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails