Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Big News and then some more

When I was twelve years old, my family moved from Huntington Beach, California to the booming metropolis of Stow, Ohio.  In a very strange twist of grace, I actually thrived because of the move and found my life to be quite an adventure because of it.  While the geographical changes were drastic, the life changes were monumental.  It was my first real face-to-face with any sort of meaningful life change.

I went from attending a small, private school where my parents knew every family to a rather large public middle school filled with lots and lots of boys kids my age.  Oh, the friends to be made! 

I also went from living about five miles from the beach, where we had hurricane and earthquake drills, to living about fifteen miles from the snow belt, where we had tornado drills and snow days.  And the hallways at school were no longer outdoors.  Instead, the entire school was enclosed.

Because of all the inevitable change that comes with not only starting middle school but also starting over in a completely new place, I decided it was time to reinvent myself.  So I got rid of being shy.  I took the opportunity to befriend everyone I met.  My parents said I finally came out of my shell.

And so my first big move in life was a very positive experience.  I believe it set the stage for the three re-locations my husband and I have done over the tenure of our marriage.  Especially the move that took us to Paris, France for several months.  Adventure.  Opportunity.  Excitement.

So --- I've decided to relocate.  That's right . . . and then some more is moving!  Because it's time for some refining.  Because I'm tired of explaining that there's no "e" after the "some".  Because I like new.

So, go ahead and mark your favorites bar with the new link.  It's andthensomemore dot net.  Don't forget to spell it out.  And change the dot com to dot net.  Because I'm up and running over at my new place while I tie up some loose ends over here.  I'll be here for a few more days, but after next Monday, the move will be complete.  And I don't want you to miss a thing.

See you at the new place

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails